Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Short Note on the Oso landslide Settlement

I have been quiet on the subject of the Hazel/Oso Landslide as I had been retained to help the attorneys representing some of the families. The settlement of the case (50m-settlement-reached-in-oso-landslide-suit and timberland company for $10 million) came as a bit of last minute thing; the jury had been selected and the trial was to start this week.

My thoughts are with the families. While articulating the geologic perspective of this landslide, I was consistently reminded of those that were killed and hurt and their families and loved ones.

I worked with Emily Brubaker Harris and Guy Michelson of Corr Cronin Michelson Baumgardner Fogg & Moore. They and legal assistants were great to work with. Their level of effort and passion and attention to detail was remarkable.     

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Nice work. Something you can always be proud of.