Saturday, February 11, 2012

Landslide Screening Tools and Forestry in Washington State

Kara Whittaker contacted me early this Fall to see if I was interested helping on a paper she was working on regarding slope instability screening tools developed by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources. I was honored to help. In the process I learned a lot and found new curiosities that may or may not be pursued.

Whittaker, K. A. and D. McShane. 2012. Comparison of slope instability screening tools following a large storm event and application to forest management and policy. Geomorphology 145–146: 115–122.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169555X12000141 for abstract

I can share a pdf version for those interested for educational or non-commercial research.

No comments: